Cheeky Wipes are a great alternative to Toilet Roll, if you're considering going toilet paper free or making the switch to 'family cloth'.
Toilet Roll Alternative Family Cloth Wipes Kit from Cheeky Wipes
- 50 lovely soft cotton terry wipes
- 1 Fresh Wipes container – single clip for one-handed opening
- 1 Mucky Wipes container with removable mesh bag insert for washing, single clip for one-handed opening
- 1 bottle of ‘Fresh Wipes’ essential oil blend (choose from Lavender & Camomile or Mandarin)
- 1 bottle of Tea Tree & Tea tree lemon ‘Mucky Wipes’ essential oil blend
- 2 Mesh Wash Bags
- For 25 wipes, fill the Fresh container (blue) with cold water to 3cm from the top of the box. If you are soaking more wipes, add a little more water
- Add 4 - 5 drops of the ‘Fresh Wipes’ essential oil blend. Then pop your wipes into the water/oil solution. Turn the pile of wipes over so the top ones get damp too. Once all the wipes are damp they are ready to use. Gently tip out any excess water so the wipes aren’t sitting in it.
- Prepare your Mucky Wipes container (green) by filling with water to the fill level marked, then add 3 – 4 drops of the ‘Mucky Wipes’ essential oil blend
- Once you’ve used the wipes, place them inside the clever mesh wash bag in the ‘Mucky Wipes’ container. This saves you having to touch those mucky things again.
No extra washing…or drying required!
- Your mesh bag of mucky baby wipes can go straight into the washing machine (30 – 60 degree wash is fine!) with your next load of washing –
- Washing at 60c ideally twice a week (with your towels or bedding for example) or occasionally using an anti-bacterial washing solution will help keep them in tip-top condition.
- No need to dry them if you're in a hurry, just place them back in the ‘Fresh Wipes’ box with some fresh essential oil solution. However getting them out on the washing line helps keep them hygenic too!
- If the mesh wash bag is full, you can loosen the string so the wipes can roam free in the machine, uncurl fully and that way the detergent can get to all the stains and do its job. You can also add some stain remover, this really helps.
- If there are only a few wipes in the bag, you can keep it closed as the wipes should have room to move about.
I used the baby wipes kit when my kids were younger and have continued the system as a cleaning wipes system. Now I find myself using the toilet paper system. Another great system. I love that you make it and sell it as a system. Its foolproof/easy to use.