Cheeky Wipes Tea-Tree & Tea-Tree Lemon Essential Oil Blend (for soaking Mucky cloth baby wipes).
- 50% Tea-Tree Essential Oil and 50% Tea-Tree Lemon Essential Oil, both from Australia.
- Tea-Tree is a powerful antiseptic, anti-bactericidal, fungicidal essential oil.
- Perfect for keeping our Mucky baby wipes sweet until they’re washed!
- Tea-Tree Lemon is a sweeter, lemony scented tea-tree oil, less medicinal smelling and used extensively by the old Maori’s for burns and irritations of the skin
- Steam distilled to preserve the unique signatures of the plant.
- All our oils are premium grade, the highest quality aromatherapy oils available
Directions for Use:
- A few drops of the Tea-Tree & Tea-Tree Lemon Essential Oil Blend are added to water in the Mucky Baby Wipes Container.
- The mucky wipes are soaked in this solution to keep them smelling fragrant and it helps break down the poo.
- When the oils are properly diluted they are safe on babies skin, however it is recommended that only water is used on newborn’s until they are 6 weeks old.
CAUTION: If you are concerned about sensitivities or allergies, we suggest you test a few drops diluted in water on the skin.
Essential Oil Safety
At Cheeky Wipes, we firmly believe that knowing what you are using on your skin and your baby's skin is of utmost importance. However, essential oils are a chemical (albeit a natural one) so it is really important that they are produced to rigorous standards and used safely.
Newborn to 6 weeks
NICE (the clinical excellence guidelines followed by midwives) recommend that only water is used to cleanse your baby during the first 6 weeks of their life which is why they recommend cotton wool and water.
Cheeky Wipes can still be used during this timeframe, using water only in the fresh box but we recommend that only as many as will be used use in a day are soaked (10 at a time for example) keeping the remainder dry. The mucky oil should still be used as it is not used on baby's skin and is washed away.
Personally, we used the wipes with the lavender oil from birth with no ill effects, but we understand that the Clinical Excellence Guidelines are there for a reason.
6 weeks and above
For every 25 wipes, fill the fresh box to the top liner with water (approx. 500ml) and add 4 or 5 drops of oil. Swish the oil around in the box to distribute it before adding the wipes. Once the wipes are in, give them a good squeeze together to manually distribute the oil throughout the fresh wipes.
It is possible to have an allergic reaction to any commonly used essential oil. This type of reaction is difficult to predict and rarely occurs but is a possibility. If an allergic reaction is suspected, or your child experiences redness or irritation, switch to using just water on your fresh wipes (again, only soaking as many as you will use in a day). The mucky box should be filled 3/4 full, with 4 or 5 drops of the mucky oil blend added.
General Safety Precautions
1. Keep all essential oils out of reach of children and pets.
2. Essential oils are highly flammable substances and should be kept away from direct contact with flames, such as candles, fire, matches, cigarettes, and gas cookers.
3. Do not use essential oils internally.
4. If essential oil droplets accidentally get into the eye (or eyes) a cotton cloth or similar should be imbued with a fatty oil, such as olive or sesame, and carefully swiped over the closed lid. And / Or, Immediately flush the eyes with cool water.
5. If a child appears to have drunk several spoonful's of essential oil, contact the nearest poison control unit (often listed in the front of a telephone directory). Keep the bottle for identification and encourage the child to drink whole or 2% milk. Do not try to induce vomiting.
Essential Oil Quality
Our oils are produced for Cheeky Wipes by a company which has been operating for 18 years, where Quality Control is of utmost importance and meticulous testing is carried out for every product in the range. Their commitment to quality is coordinated by their in-house aroma therapist, chief chemist and quality control chemist. The most rigorous processes are implemented to determine the purity and potency of sourced oils which ensures pure, authentic and genuine essential oils.